The PHRO was formed in 2014 by a group of HRD’s from a multidisciplinary background to provide sustainable development, self-help promotion, and empowerment and equality to the marginalized segments of the society with a special focus to Have a society where everyone has equal right to opportunity.
PHRO is a member-based organization and its strength lies in its interest in uniting the efforts and experience toward the defense of vulnerable communities and the development of women’s productive capacities, and the betterment of life marginalized communities to lift the socio-economic well-being amongst local communities.
PHRO seek to create opportunities for women, men, transgender and children to develop skills and resources needed to achieve social, political, civil, and environmental justice.
PHRO vision is to create an environment where development opportunities are available to everyone without any form of discrimination.
The mission of PHRO is to evolve, think, feel, express, share, serve and live together. As a society for Community Empowerment. A society where everyone attains physical, mental, social, financial and spiritual independence by advancing the process of “Self” empowerment.
PHRO wants to cultivate self-discipline among people by persuading them to commit themselves to the observance of small or basic vows embedded in non- violence.
We work for establishing a society that is just, participatory, pluralistic and peaceful, where a dignified living, sustainable within people’s own resources and within their immediate environment, can be secured for all people without discrimination.
To inspire one and all towards a better way of life through the humanitarian values of service, purity, discipline, love, tolerance and harmony.
The following serve as guidelines for our conduct and behavior as we work towards our vision.
- Quality – our focus is on the people we serve (women, children, donors, and the community) and we will strive for excellence through evaluation and continuous improvement.
- Caring – we are committed to serving with empathy and compassion.
- Integrity – we are committed to act in an ethical, honest manner.
- Respect – we believe that all people should be treated with consideration and dignity. We cherish adversity.
- Responsiveness – we strive to be accessible, flexible, transparent, and to demonstrate a sense of urgency in our resolve and decision making.
- Accountability – we are committed to measuring, achieving and reporting results, and to using donor’s money wisely.
- Teamwork – we are committed to effective partnerships between volunteers and staff, and we seek opportunities to form alliances with others.
PHRO philosophy is to develop modern philanthropy, both in terms of minimizing social costs incurred in rapid transition, for self-reliant development that is not donor dependent, and for the empowerment of emerging groups in Pakistan. We highly encourage local resource mobilization.
As an organization, we want to be diverse and inclusive, non-hierarchical, and transparent and accountable. We work on the basis of a process-led approach, with ongoing reflection and analysis based on continuous appraisal, monitoring and evaluation, most of which is built into our various programs. In all this we basically “walk our talk” and aim at being frugal and efficient in all that we do.
If we are to promote a philosophy and vision of community, and be successful in actually building community, we must organize the basic principles of the philosophy that guide our activities, in a way that we can and should promote to the participants in our projects.
By posing a tentative initial set of these principles, we can create and refine this philosophic vision as a process of community collaboration
Our Legal Status
People’s Human Rights Organization (PHRO) registered under the Voluntary Social Welfare Agencies (Registration &control) Ordinance 1961.
Registration No: PCSW(S) 1586-2014fr0m Govt. of Sindh.
Dated 08 January 2014.
Our Organization Structure